Dairy Photo Contest for Youth
The Dairy Alliance is hosting the Dairy Photo Contest for youth again this year! This a great competition to show off your love for dairy while also using your photography skills. The theme this year is “The Art of Dairy.”
Here are some of the main rules for the competition:
1. Competition in this contest will be conducted on an individual basis in Division I (8-12 years of age), Division II (13-15 years of age), and Division III (16-19 years of age) at the county and state level. Youth in Division IV (5-7 years of age) will participate on a non-competitive basis at the county level only. Youth in Division IV may choose to still enter a poster, rather than a photograph, in the local contest.
2. Entries can be a singular photo or incorporate up to 3 photos (collage). Entries with multiple photos can be mounted on poster board. All photos should be 8×10 and will be submitted electronically as .jpeg files as well as a printed copy will be mailed. If mounted, poster board should be no larger than 24 x 24in.
3. Photos MUST NOT contain copyright material such as cartoon characters, etc. Photos also should not contain any personal identifiers or information (including farm names), without written permission of the owner.
4. All photos submitted must be the original work by youth entrant and will be accompanied by a photo copyright release form (attached below). These photos will be displayed at the State Fair in October 2020. Winning photos also will be displayed on social media (Facebook and Twitter).
5. Photos must have been displayed at least once in a public place, prior to submission. A description of when and where the photos were displayed must be provided on the entry form.
Winners at the state level will receive the following cash prizes:
- First Place: $100 cash
- Second Place: $75 cash
- Third Place: $50 cash
Submissions for Rowan County 4-H are due no later than 5 p.m. on Friday, September 4, 2020. This includes the physical copy and the digital copies that are required for this competition.